How To Win Big in Greyhound RacingBy Carolyn Anderson
Greyhound racing has been a popular sport involving animals these days, which allows betting on who will win the race. In fact, you can bet online if you want to. Although greyhound racing seems to be a simple betting game, there are also people who have lost a considerable amount of money due to this.
Whether you are a first timer in greyhound dog racing or you have been trying your luck in this betting game a few times, here are a few greyhound betting tips might help you improve your game.
- Check out the age of the greyhound. To be able to determine which one of the greyhounds is the fastest, check out the age of the dog which can give you a hint on where to place your bet. A dog at the age of two years often is at its prime. For the females, they usually have their prime at the age of three years.
- Be keen with your selection. Do not just go with the crowd favorites nor go with those who are not so known, but have a careful choice based on the winning edge of the dog.
- Check out those dogs that have ran recently. This will give you a hint that they are in good shape. For dogs that have not been on the race track for quite a while might mean they have been through some injuries. Of course, a greyhound that has been active in the race track differs in performance than those who have taken a long rest.
- If the greyhound has been in the racetrack recently, also check on the quality of races it has been through. A dog that has been into a few decent races can be a good bet. Always check on their speed too.
- Bet on the inside traps if the racetrack is a bit wet especially during races when the weather is not that favorable.
- Research your sportsbooks. One of the best greyhound betting tips to keep in mind is to always research beforehand. Especially if you are into online betting, make sure that you have researched and done a background check before signing up in online sportsbooks. You have to check whether they are affiliated in a known association. You have to check also if your bet is safe with them by checking out the quality of their customer service as well as how they handle and settle disputes. It is also important to check how fast they do the payout.
Aside from being careful in selecting where to place your bet, it is also one of the important greyhound betting tips to avoid playing all your winnings back. Always keep a part of it, probably most of it, to help you take control in the betting. Take note that in betting, you should not target to win big money at the start. Start small than losing big at the first stages of the betting.
Lastly, it is important to read always the form guide. It contains good information that would help you place a wise bet, thus read it thoroughly for you to have an idea on who would most likely won the race.
Indeed, being informed is one of the best greyhound betting tips that you should always keep in mind. The more informed you are, the more chances of winning as well.
Carolyn Anderson is a book reviewer and an avid reader. For a software to help you predict which of the dogs has the highest probability of winning, check out Bagsbeater Software. Also check outGreyhound Lay Profits System, a video course that teaches you a foolproof technique in betting on greyhound races.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carolyn_Anderson