2012 $50,000 James W. Paul Derby Champion JS Kerry Oki
Please See Attachment For Race Pages, Scorecard & Derby Fun!
For Immediate Release
February 15, 2013
SEMIFINALS FOR PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB’S $50,000 JAMES W. PAUL 3/8THS MILE DERBY SUNDAY AFTERNOON, FEBRUARY 17!
CAN WWK PAYLESSSHOES REMAIN UNDEFEATED?
West Palm Beach, Fl. - The fourth and final round of qualifying for Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby takes place Sunday afternoon February 17.
Starting with an original field of 56 hopefuls, there are now 16 Greyhounds who have a shot at making the final eight and an opportunity of winning the $25,000 first-place purse.
Heading into the semifinals, North Shore Kennel’s WWK Paylessshoes remains the only undefeated Derby entry.
The lineup for Sunday afternoon’s semifinals:
1. CBJ Teddy Bear (Jimbo Scotty - Braska Sweettart, Royal Racing Team)
2. Atascocita Tiera (Atascocita Leroy - Atascocita Flame, Suncoast Kennel)
3. Budz Seasons (Craigie Brooker - Craigie May, James Douglas Kennel)
4. Prime Suspect (DK’s Prime Time - Wireless Signal, Ryan Racing Kennel)
5. Verdun (Talbon - Scoobie Blue, North Shore Kennel)
6. Nidett (WW Time Warp - Nevah, North Shore Kennel)
7. Gable Daughtry (Gable Sour Cream - Sweetsouthern, B & B Racing Kennel)
8. TK Takin Chances (Flying Penske - TK All The Rage, Rader Racing Kennel)
1. Tippi Hedren (Kiowa Mon Manny - Sonama*, Brindle Kennel)
2. Murray Mauler (Kiowa Mon Manny - Goldie Donna, James Douglas Kennel)
3. Jennah (Crew Cut - Casey Naretta, North Shore Kennel)
4. Tomei (Kiowa Mon Manny - WWW Jimbo Betty, Royal Racing Team)
5. Glagow (Kiowa Mon Manny - Goldie Donna, James Douglas Kennel)
6. TB’s Scarlet (Switzler Jammin - Glengar Lass, Rader Racing)
7. Palm City Pamela (Dodgem By Design - KB’s Annabella, B & B Racing)
8. WWK Paylessshoes (Kiowa WW Brother - Gale WW Duster, North Shore)
The top eight point earners following Sunday afternoon’s semifinals will comprise the $50,000 Derby championship field.
The 82nd running of the Three-Eighths Mile championship final will be contested in the twelfth race Saturday afternoon, February 23, and is one of the nation’s longest running stake events.
The Derby is named in honor of humanitarian, greyhound owner and dedicated supporter of greyhound adoption James W. Paul.
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / email@example.com